The ReligionAndSpirituality.com (“R&S”) Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (“Agreement”)Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before accessing and using the R&S website.
The R&S website contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information of the R&S and its third party licensors, including, but not limited to, text, photos, images, and graphics (hereinafter “Content”). The entire contents of the website are copyrighted as a collective work under copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, or redistribution of any Content is expressly prohibited without the express written consent of ReligionandSpirituality.com.
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of the R&S website, including but not limited to any services provided on the website, such as RSS feeds and classified ads. In addition, when using particular services on the R&S website, you shall be subject to any guidelines for such services, which may be posted and revised from to time.
By accessing and/or using the R&S website, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of use. R&S reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these terms and conditions of use, or may impose new conditions, including but not limited to adding fees or charges for use, at any time. Any such changes will be reflected by an updated version of this posting. Any use of this website by you after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such changes, modifications or additions. If, at any time, you do not wish to accept this Agreement, your sole remedy is to choose not to access and use the website.
- The right to use the R&S website is personal to you and is not transferable to any other person or entity. As such, the R&S grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access the website solely for your own personal use.
- R&S shall have the right, at any time, with or without notice, to change, modify, limit or discontinue any aspect, function or feature of the website, including, but not limited to, the content, hours of availability, the number and the size of the postings that any one person, company, or organization can submit to the R&S website, and equipment needed for access or use the website. R&S shall not be responsible to you or any third party for any such change, modification, limitation, or discontinuation.
2. Access to the Website.You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the R&S website and all charges related thereto.
3. Your Conduct.
- You agree to use the R&S website for lawful purposes only.
- You agree not to transmit, post, or otherwise make available on the website any material, including but not limited to any postings, whether such postings are text, audio, photographic, video or other materials (collectively “Postings”), that infringe and/or violate any right of any third party including but not limited to any right of privacy, copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and/or other proprietary rights.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings on the website that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, pornographic, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable in any way.
- You agrees not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings on the website that harass, degrade, intimidate or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- You agree not to transmit, post, or otherwise make available any Postings on the website which contain software viruses or any computer code, or other files created to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software, hardware or equipment.
- You agree not to transmit, post, or otherwise make available any Postings on the website which disrupt the website or negatively impact the ability of others to use the website.
- You agree not to collect personal data about other users on the website for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- You agree not to use any spiders, robots, crawlers, or related technology to download any Postings or Content from the website, except as expressly agreed to by R&S, or as permitted by law.
- You agree not to transmit, post, or otherwise make available any Postings that are not relevant to the section of the site where they are posted.
- You agree not to transmit, post, or otherwise make available any one classified ad Posting in more than one classified section on the website or in more than one classified category on the website.
- You agree not to use any technology to submit Postings to the website without such Postings being manually entered by the author thereof, including but not limited to using an automated posting device.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings that violate the Fair Housing Act by stating, by including in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (or which violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics);
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings that violate international, federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings that violate any provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings in which any person or entity is impersonated, or which falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation or other relationship with any person, company, or other organization.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings that are misleading, deceptive, or false.
- You agree not to transmit, post, email, or otherwise make available any Postings relating to an advertisement for any illegal service or that includes the sale of any items which are prohibited or restricted by any applicable law from being sold.
- You agree that you will not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the Postings, except your own.
- You agree that you, and not R&S, are fully responsible for any and all Postings that you transmit, post, email or otherwise make available on the R&S website, including without limitation any text, photos, images, and/or graphics.
- Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of Content and Postings will be permitted without the express permission of R&S or the applicable third party licensor. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made.
4. Proprietary Rights to Postings.
By posting, transmitting, or otherwise making available any Postings to the website, you agree to grant to R&S, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, sub-license and create derivative works of any such Postings.
5. Third Party Postings & Dealings.
You understand that R&S does not control and is not responsible for any Postings on the website, and that by using the website, you may be exposed to Postings that are offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Likewise, Postings on the website may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of R&S. R&S makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained on any such site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with any Postings, and that you may not rely on, and under no circumstances will R&S be responsible or liable in any way for any Postings or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Postings. You further understand any dealings or interactions with any people, companies, or other organizations found on or through ads on the R&S website, including regarding payment, delivery, and/or receipt of any good or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings and interactions, are solely between you and such people, companies, or other organizations. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that the R&S shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or any damage whatsoever incurred as the result of any such dealings or interactions. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that the R&S is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other R&S website users, you hereby release the R&S, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes.
6. Claims of InfringementIf you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify the R&S agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement ("Agent") and provide our Agent with the following information: Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- A description of the material on the R&S website that you claim is infringing, and a description of where on the website such material is located
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
7. Privacy and Information Disclosure.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER R&S, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND/OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, POSTINGS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
- THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
- IN NO EVENT WILL R&S, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND/OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT AND POSTINGS ON THIS WEBSITE.
- IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER, R&S, NOR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, AND/OR AGENTS, SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CONTENT AND/OR POSTINGS, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless R&S, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, licensor and agents from and against all claims, demands, losses and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the R&S website, any Postings that you transmit, post, or otherwise make available to and on the R&S website, your violation of this Agreement, your breach of any of your representations and warranties set forth herein, your infringement of the rights of any third party, and/or your violation of any law.
Both you and R&S may terminate this Agreement at any time. R&S shall also have the right to immediately terminate your access to and use of this website and any services on this website, including but not limited to your use of classified ad postings and RSS Feeds, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited any conduct by you which R&S, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of this Agreement. The provisions of Sections 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 and this Section 10 shall survive termination of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, you must cease use of this website, including but not limited to any services available on the website, and destroy all materials obtained from this website and all copies thereof, whether made under these terms and conditions or otherwise.
This Agreement and any operating rules for this website constitutes the entire agreement between ReligionandSpirituality.com and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree that the exclusive venue for any dispute between the parties arising out of this Agreement or pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement will be in the courts in the District of Columbia. No waiver by either ReligionandSpirituality.com or you of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the R&S website or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.